Fundamentals of Faith
A synopsis of the beliefs of
This document is gladly presented by the brethren in Messiah as a basic summary of the fundamental faith once delivered to the saints, Jude 3. We urge you to examine the following synopsis of the tenets of our faith and "prove all things; hold fast to that which is good," 1Thessalonians 5:21.
We humbly set forth this doctrinal summary as basic to our common faith upon which we can all stand.
We find the following to be true according to Yahweh's inspired Word:
1. THAT the Bible is inspired of Yahweh and reveals knowledge man could not learn by himself. We are to live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of Yahweh, Matthew 4:4." All Scripture [both the Old and New Testaments] is given by inspiration of Yahweh and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness," 2Timothy 3:14-16. The Bible is His truth and is of no private interpretation, 2Peter 1:21. We must neither add to nor take away from Scripture, Deuteronomy 4:2; 12:32; Rev. 22:18.
2. THAT the Father is the sole Master Designer of all creation, which was carried out by His Son at the beginning of His creation, Proverbs 8:22, 31; Revelation 3:14; Colossians 1:15-17. The Heavenly Father's name as given in the original inspired Scripture is Yahweh, Psalm 68:4; Isaiah 42:8; Jeremiah 16:21; and Yahweh is His name forever, Exodus 3:14-15; Isaiah 63:12; 66:5. His majestic name is exclusive to the entire family of Yahweh, Psalm 22:22; John 17:11; Ephesians 3:14-15. He is the source of all power and authority, and all thanks and reverence is to be directed to Him, Matthew 4:10; 6:9; Colossians 1:12; James 1:17; 1Peter 2:5. Yahweh is spirit, John 4:24; and all worship centers on Him through His Son Yahshua the Messiah, John 14:6, Ephesians 5:20.
3. THAT Yahshua is the correct name of the Savior, a contraction of the combination of "YAHweh" and "HoSHUA," the same as given to Joshua the son of Nun by Moses, Numbers 13:16. Yahshua means "Yahweh is Salvation," for He is the salvation that Yahweh has provided for mankind, Acts 4:12. We joyfully accept the names revealed by our glorious Heavenly Father Yahweh and His wonderful Son, our Savior Yahshua the Messiah. Yahshua is the Spokesman, the Logos or Word (Hebrew Dabar) Who pre-existed and was with Yahweh the Father, Genesis 1:26;John 1:1-3; 8:58; 13:3; 1Corinthians 10:4; Colossians 1:15-17. He emptied Himself of His celestial glory, making Himself of no reputation and took upon Himself the form of a human, a servant, John 17:5; Philippians 2:5-7; Hebrews 2:6-14; was born of a virgin by the power of Yahweh, Isaiah 7:14; Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:18, 23; Luke 1:26-38; came in His Father's Name, YAH-shua, John 5:43. He lived a sinless life; Isaiah 53:9; 1Peter 2:22,and was resurrected from the dead by the Father after three days and three nights according to the Scriptures, Matthew 12:40; Acts 3:15; 1Corinthians 15:3-4; and has now ascended into heaven sitting on the right hand of Yahweh our Father, Luke 24:51; Hebrews 1:13. He is now our Advocate, our Mediator and High Priest, Hebrews 3:1; Hebrews 4:14; through Him only can we approach the Heavenly Father, John 14:6.
4. THAT the Holy Spirit (Ruach) is the invisible dynamic force, the mind, the power emanating from the Father and shared by the Son, Luke 24:49; John 3:8; 14:17; 15:26; 1Corinthians 2:10-16. This invisible essence or power is placed within the believer through the Son, Acts 2:33,Titus 3:6, by laying on of hands of the presbytery following baptism into Yahshua's saving Name, Acts 2:38; 5:32; 8:17; 19:6; 1Timothy 4:14; 2Timothy 1:6; and is also the baptism of the Spirit for it immerses us into the Body of Messiah, Romans 8:15-17; 1Corinthians 12:13 and Galatians 3:28. Through the power of the Holy Spirit's being placed within us, we demonstrate our love for Yahshua and the Father by joyfully keeping the Law, John 14:15;14:21-24; Acts 1:8; 1John 2:5. The Holy Spirit is likened to the wind, John 3:8; Acts 10:45, a dynamic, invisible force and is not a person. Therefore, we find that the Trinity doctrine is not scriptural but is from paganism.
5. THAT after true repentance, baptism by immersion in water and into the saving Name of Yahshua is a necessary act of consecration, Matthew 3:13-17; Acts 2:38; 4:12; 8:16; 10:43; 19:5; Romans 6:3; and that salvation is in no other name than Yahshua, Acts 4:12. That baptism is by immersion backwards, one time in water, Acts 2:38, picturing subjugation and burial of the old carnal nature, Romans 6:3-5; Colossians 2:12; arising to serve in newness of life by His Spirit, Romans 7:6; 12:1; 1Peter 3:21. There is one baptism into the one true saving name of Yahshua, placing us in to one Body, Romans 12:5; Ephesians 4:3-6, uniting the many-membered Body through the Spirit into the one true faith through Yahshua, 1Corinthians12:12-14.
6. THAT Yahweh's grand plan of salvation for mankind is only through His Son Yahshua the Messiah and is revealed through observing Yahweh's holy Sabbaths and Feast Days, Leviticus 23; Numbers 28-29. The sacrificial blood offerings and ritual laws having to do with Temple worship are now in abeyance, having their fulfillment in Yahshua, the Lamb of Yahweh, John1:29; Hebrews 8-10. Now our sacrifices are spiritual, Romans 12:1; Hebrews 13:15-16; 1Peter 2:5. Circumcision has always been willing obedience from the heart, Deuteronomy 10:16; 30:6-8; Jeremiah 4:4; 1Corinthians 7:19; Galatians 5:6; Philippians 3:3. It is now possible, through the Holy Spirit residing within, to keep His Commandments through faith in Him, Deuteronomy 7:9; Psalm 119:160; Matthew 5:17-19; 19:16-19; Ephesians 2:8-10; 1John 1:1-5; 1John 3:21-24.
7. THAT the seventh day of the week (called Saturday) is the day Yahweh has set apart, and is a memorial of His omnipotent creative power, Genesis 2:2-3. The Sabbath day is a holy day of rest, Exodus 20:8-11; end points to that greater Millennial rest of salvation, Matthew 11:28-30;Luke 4:16-18; Hebrews 4:1-6. Yahweh freely offers the Sabbath as an opportunity to accept and experience His marvelous creation and redemption; Mark 2:27-28;Hebrews 4:7-11. By participating in the Sabbath we express our belief in Yahshua as the Creator and as the Author and Finisher of our Salvation, Hebrews 12:2. The Sabbath rest is a symbol of our love, loyalty and commitment to Yahweh, Exodus 31:13. By consecrating a portion of our time that He has designated for our rest and worship, we show our subjection to His will, and recognize His dominion over our life and over the whole creation. A "Sabbath rest" remains for His people, Hebrews 4:9, a day of delight and not a day of works, Isaiah 58:13.
8. THAT the commemoration of the precious sacrifice of Yahshua the Messiah is observed annually on the evening (beginning) of the 14th of Abib, as the 13th ends, according to the original Passover in Egypt when the death angel came over midnight of the 14th, Exodus 12:13-14. In humbly partaking of the Passover, we give witness that we accept the shed blood of our loving Savior for our sins, Numbers 28:16; Luke 22:15-20; 1Corinthians 11:23-29. The symbols used are those instituted by Yahshua: eating unleavened bread representative of His broken body, Exodus 23:18; 1Corinthians 10:16, and drinking the fruit of the vine, grape juice, as the symbol of His shed blood, Deuteronomy 32:14; Isaiah 65:8-9; Matthew 26:27-29. Our love for Yahshua and humility among the brethren is also acted out in a foot-washing ceremony as directed by our beloved Savior and Redeemer, according to John 13:3-17.
FEAST OF UNLEAVENED BREAD
9. THAT after partaking of the Passover, we strive to live a sin-free life of obedience as we observe the following seven days of Unleavened Bread, Leviticus 23:6; Matthew 16:12; Mark 8:14-15; Luke 12:1; Romans 6:13-22; 1Corinthians 5:6-8. Symbolizing the initial step toward righteousness and coming out of sin, this first day of Unleavened Bread on the 15th of Abib is a time we delight in observing, for this Sabbath begins the seven days of the Feast of Unleavened Bread. The seventh or last day is also a Sabbath, Abib 21, and pictures the complete coming out of the worldly way of sin and rebellion to follow the righteousness of our Savior, Yahshua the Messiah, Exodus 12:15, 20; Numbers 28:17-25; Acts 20:6-7. We gladly rid our houses of all leavened products for seven days to remind us of cleansing ourselves of false doctrine which could lead to sin, for by physical acts we learn a spiritual lesson. Unleavened bread is eaten for these seven days, allowing us to symbolically take in the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth, 1Corinthians 5:7-8.
10. THAT the day of Pentecost (Shavuoth) or Feast of Weeks is a Sabbath day and the third Annual Sabbath and is a very special convocation, Leviticus 23:15-21; Numbers 28:26, and is counted from the day after the weekly Sabbath that falls during the days of Unleavened Bread. Seven Sabbaths, seven complete weeks are counted, bringing us to the day after the weekly Sabbath known as Sunday or the first day of the week. It is observed as a memorial of the day Yahweh made the covenant with Israel at Sinai, Exodus 24:4-8. It is also the day that Yahshua promised He would endue His assembly with power from on High, Luke 24:49; John 14:26, 15:26; Acts 1:4-8, which was fulfilled when Yahweh's Holy Spirit was sent on Pentecost to this earth, Acts 2:1-18, to abide with His people forever, John 14:16. Pentecost or Feast of Firstfruits points to the initial harvest of souls, a kind of firstfruits unto Yahweh, Romans 8:23; 11:16; 16:5; 1Corinthians 15:20-23 and 16:15; James 1:18; Revelation 14:4.
DAY OF TRUMPETS
11. THAT we eagerly look for the return of Yahshua the Messiah, our Savior, for when He returns at the sound of the last trumpet and voice of the archangel we shall receive our reward, 1Corinthians 15:22-23 and 51-53; 1Thessalonians 4:14-17; 1Peter 5:4; Revelation 2:23; 22:12. The Day of Trumpets is the fourth Annual Sabbath and begins the seventh month and is a holy convocation, Leviticus 23:24-25, reminding us to keep our minds on heavenly things so that we rejoice upon the return of our Savior at the last trump, Luke 21:27-28. A blowing of Trumpets reminds us of this signal calling Israel to assemble, to prepare for journeying; and an alarm for war, Numbers 10:1-10.
DAY OF ATONEMENT
12. THAT the Day of Atonement points to Yahshua's having made the Atonement for us. Having been reconciled through Yahshua, Romans 5:6-11, 2Corinthians 5:18-21; Colossians 1:19-22; Hebrews 2:18, we joyfully tell others of His glorious work. As the ninth day of this seventh month ends at sunset and a new day begins (Lev. 23:32), we neither eat nor drink for 24 hours until sunset of the tenth, which ends the day, Leviticus 16:29-31;23:27-32, Numbers 29:7. We are reminded how human and carnal we are and how needful we are of the Atoning Sacrifice of Yahshua. We also look forward to the destruction of Satan, Hebrews 2:14, and the world's being at-one with Yahshua and our Heavenly Father, Acts 27:9; Revelation 20:1-3. Atonement is the fifth Annual Sabbath and also brings in the Jubilee year. Historically it is the holiest day of the year.
FEAST OF TABERNACLES
13. THAT the Feast of Tabernacles shows the righteous one-thousand-year reign of our soon-coming King Yahshua, Zechariah 14:16. A time of peace, prosperity and happiness shall prevail when Yahshua rules, putting into effect the laws of His Father Yahweh, which are especially studied during the Feast of Tabernacles, showing our faith in Yahweh's eventual sovereignty over the entire earth. A commanded Assembly where Yahweh has placed His name, the Feast of Tabernacles is observed seven days starting on the 15th day of the seventh month (Tishri 15 through 21), the first day is the sixth Annual Sabbath, Leviticus 23:34-36, and 43; Numbers 29:12. The Feast of Tabernacles lasts seven days, plus the Last Great Day, which Yahshua the Messiah observed, John 7:37, making it an eight-day celebration.
LAST GREAT DAY
14. THAT the final culmination of the plan of Yahweh is completed in the great harvest of all humans who have ever lived, Revelation 20:5, and the eternal judgment of Yahweh is performed, Revelation 20:11-15; Hebrews 6:4. Known as the White Throne Judgment, Matthew 25:32, it is prefigured by the eighth day of the Feast of Tabernacles, the seventh Annual Sabbath called the Last Great Day. It is the time of Yahweh's ultimate salvation, Leviticus 23:36; Numbers 29:35; John 7:37-38. It is then that a new heaven and earth will be enjoyed, Isaiah 66:22; Revelation 21:1. The Sabbatical-Jubilee cycle is also indicative of Yahweh's plan of redemption in entering His "rest."
15. THAT the scriptural months are delineated by the appearance of the thin crescent of the visible new moon, 2Kings 4:23; Nehemiah 10:33; Psalm 81:3. Scripture indicates that the new moon days will begin from the actual area where the new moon is spotted for that particular month. The Scriptural day begins and ends with sunset, Leviticus 23:32; Judges 14:12 and 18; Mark 1:32. New moons will be kept in the Kingdom, Isaiah 66:23.
16. THAT sin is the transgression (breaking) of Yahweh's law, 1John 3:4, and that without law there can be no sin, Romans 7:7-12. All have sinned and come short of the glory of Yahweh, Exodus 20:1-20; Deuteronomy 5:1-24; Romans 3:23. The penalty of sin is death, Genesis 2:16-17; Genesis 3:19; Romans 6:23; 1Corinthians 15:22; Hebrews 9:27. Death is a sleep, returning to dust, John 11:11-14; Ecclesiastes 9:5-6, 10; Isaiah 38:18;Psalm 115:17.
17. THAT since all have sinned and earned the penalty of death, it is now necessary to repent; that is, to be sorry for the past way of life in breaking Yahweh's Holy Law and now to change to a way of obedience, following the exemplary life of Yahshua the Messiah, Matthew 19:17; John 8:11; Hebrews 6:1, 9:14. In order to be free from the curse of the law, which is death, we must accept the sacrifice of Yahshua the Messiah as payment for our sins, Matthew 26:26-28; Colossians 3:13; Hebrews 9:26, 10:12; 1Peter 2:21-24; 1John 1:7-10. He is our Advocate and Mediator, 1Timothy 2:3-5.
18. THAT having been cleansed and made separate by the faith of Yahshua, we believe it is important to be clean inside as well as out. Our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and we joyfully adhere to the law of clean meats of Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14. This is an object lesson in holiness, teaching us the difference between the clean and un-clean, the holy and unholy, 2Corinthians 6:16-18. We are what we think, and we must discipline ourselves to be selective in what we allow to saturate our mind such as in reading, time with TV, radio, friends and associates. We are to eat clean, think clean, live clean, and be clean and holy before Yahweh. We are to be an example to the world, 1Timothy 3:7 and be sanctified before Yahweh, Matthew 5:48; 1Corinthians 3:17; 1Peter 1:15-16; Revelation 21:27.
19. THAT Yahshua's perfect sacrifice has made it possible for us to be healed of our illnesses, Isaiah 53:5; James 5:13-20. Through the anointing of the sick by the Elders of the assembly in the name of Yahshua and Yahweh, the healing of our afflictions is possible by turning to Yahweh first in prayer, relying on Him and His guidance.
20. THAT it is a blessing to be able to honor Yahweh with our substance, Proverbs 3:9, and an act of worship to support the work of Yahweh with our tithes and offerings, Leviticus 27:30-33; Malachi 3:8-12; Matthew 23:23; 1Corinthians 9:1-25; 2Corinthians 9:1-15. A tithe is 10 per cent of our income. Yahweh in His wisdom has also provided a second tithe to insure us sufficient funds to participate in and enjoy His Feast Days, Deuteronomy14:27-29, 26:12-17. It is more blessed to give than to receive and we cheerfully give, knowing that Yahweh is generous and will take care of all our needs.
21. THAT Satan is a spirit being, and was the anointed cherub called Lucifer. His pride was lifted up and he was cast out of heaven, Isaiah 14:12-20; Ezekiel 28:13-19; Luke 10:18; Revelation 12:7-9. That the Devil is the adversary of Yahweh and His people, John 8:44; Revelation 12:10, and will eventually be destroyed, Isaiah 14:18-19; Ezekiel 28:16; Romans16:20; Hebrews 2:14. Satan is attempting to thwart the setting up of Yahweh's Kingdom, Matthew 4:1-11. Through Yahweh's help we can resist the Devil and he will flee from us, James 4:7.
22. THAT the dead are unconscious in their graves in the sleep of death awaiting the resurrection, Job 14:12-14; Daniel 12:2; John 5:29; 1Corinthians 15:51-56; 1Thessalonians 4:13-17; Hebrews 11:13 and 39. That immortality is something we seek, Romans 2:7; 1Corinthians 15:53-54, and is made available through the work of Yahshua the Messiah, John 3:15, 17:2-3; 2Timothy 1:10, that only Yahweh has immortality, 1Timothy 1:17, 6:16. That humans do not have an immortal soul, Psalms 6:5; 115:17; Isaiah 26;19; but that souls can die, Ezekiel 18:4, 20; Matthew 10:28
THE BODY OF BELIEVERS
23. THAT Yahshua Messiah is the foundation and cornerstone of His Body-the ekklesia, the Assembly-consisting of the called-out Body of believers since Pentecost of Acts 2, who have accepted the sacrifice of our beloved Savior and changed their lives according to Yahweh's word, Matthew 12:50.Through this body of believers the training and preparation for the coming Kingdom is being carried out, 1Peter 2:5 and 9-10; Revelation 1:6, 20:6.It is in the ekklesia that the spiritual gifts are exercised for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the Body of Messiah, Ephesians 4:7-13; 1Corinthians 12:7-10; 28-30. The Assembly is where the spiritual fruits are manifested, Galatians 5:22-23, and our relationship to the members of the Body of Messiah is likened to that of Yahshua Himself, Matthew 12:50; 25:40.
In accordance with the established custom of the early assembly dating as far back as the Apostle Paul, the sisters of the Assembly are to wear a headcovering on their heads during worship. Paul cites his reasons for this custom in 1Corinthians 11:1-16. Yahweh is the Head of everything, including Yahshua.
Yahshua is now our High Priest and symbolically wears a miter of that office, Leviticus 21:10. On earth, man reflects Yahweh's glory and stands bareheaded before Him. Woman, on the other hand, is the glory of man and therefore is to have her head covered or veiled [katakaluptos].(The King James Version is not a clear rendering of Paul's statements explaining Yahweh's arrangement.)
The angelic throng is witnessing mankind's activity, 1Corinthians 4:9.Man is to be the head of the family and love his wife as Yahshua does the Assembly, Ephesians 5:23-25.
24. THAT we are to be good examples of the living faith that we profess. Our example is that of Yahshua the Messiah Whom we strive to emulate in love, honesty, humility, faith, hope, patience and reverence, Leviticus19:17-18; Matthew 5, 6, 7; 22:39; 1Corinthians 6:1-11; 1Peter 2:21-23.
Love is the key attribute we strive to maintain in our homes, in our Assemblies, in our community. Love is an unselfish, outgoing consideration for others. Love should be seen among the brethren wherever they are, for it is the truest sign of Yahweh's people.
We believe that salvation is freely offered to all mankind. Yahweh is the Creator of all nations and has made His house a house of prayer for all people, Isaiah 56:7; Acts 8:27-39; Galatians 3:28 and Colossians 3:11.The love of Yahweh manifested in the sacrifice of His Son Yahshua the Messiah is available to all who will come, Revelation 3:20; 22:17. We show our love to Him by keeping all His Commandments, 1John 2:5; 5:3; 2John 6.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP
Repentance, baptism into Yahshua's name, and the receiving of the Holy Spirit are the steps in becoming a member of the Body of the Messiah, Acts 2:38. A life of growth in knowledge and grace in Yahshua, each working out his own salvation in fear and trembling, and obedience to the royal law which shows true conversion is expected of all, Philippians 2:12; Ephesians 4:13. Each member shall also recognize this as a basic summary of the sound doctrines proclaimed by the Inspired Scriptures.
(Following in the footsteps of Yahshua the Messiah may also include the physical aspect of wearing a beard. While not mandatory, the many scriptural verses show that a beard was a part of the Savior's makeup, Isa. 50:6, and a number of Scriptures indicate that Israelites were expected to have a beard, Leviticus 14:9; 13:29-30; but not a pointed one, Leviticus 19:27;21:5. Beards are an individual preference.)
© 2007 Yahweh’s Assembly In Yahshua
2963 County Road 233, Kingdom City, Missouri 65262
View us online at: www.YAIY.org
Call Toll Free: (877) 642-4101
Main Line (573) 642-4100