Yahweh's Assembly in Yahshua
|Sisters for Yah|
|Volume 4, Issue 11|
What is Love?
In 1 Corinthians 13:4, we read, “Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up.” (1 Corinthians 13:4)
Many Bible readers understand that the word “charity” in this verse is the Greek agape. There are three words in Greek that are translated “love” but agape has the strongest meaning of them. Consider how the word love can be an action rather than just a feeling. Love is patient. Love is kind. Love does not envy others. Love does not seek to impress others. Love does not exhibit arrogance or conceit. Love is not rude. Love does not seek its own way. Love is slow to take offence. Love bears no malice or resentment. Love does not gloat over the sins of others. Love is delighted when truth prevails. Love will bear up under any trial. Love will never lose faith. Love is always hopeful and unlimited in its endurance.
|Inside this issue:|
|What is Love?|
|Children in Scripture|
|Simple Ways to De-Stress|
|Just for Fun|
|You Can Do This!|
The Bible says Yahweh is love. Let’s never forget Yahweh’s ultimate expression of love when He sent His only begotten Son to this earth to die for the sins of His people. Love will abide forever.
So how do you show love? Remember love is not just a feeling, but actions are included as well. Can you still have love even if you don’t feel it? Yes! Love is a decision. You decide to do good to others regardless of the way you feel. You can even show love to your enemies by praying for them. Yahweh loves His creation even though they don’t deserve anything good from Him. Think about all the wonderful blessings in our lives! Can any of us say that we earned these good things? Never!
Make it a daily practice in your life to show love to others. Ask Yahweh to show you the ways in which He would like you to show love to others. Don’t rely on your own human understanding of what love means. Beloved, let us love one another!
Children in Scripture Quiz
|Ladies, test your Bible knowledge! See if you know the famous “child” without looking at the Bible verse:|
1. The first child born in the world was__________. (Genesis 4:1)
2. The child whose father was a hundred years old when he was born was__________. (Genesis 21: 1-5)
3. The first twins were__________and__________. (Genesis 25: 24-26)
4. The child whose cries won the heart of a princess who adopted him as her own was_________. (Exodus 2:6-10)
5. The child whose mother died when he was born was__________. (Genesis 35:16-19)
6. The child whose birth was foretold by an angel who told his parents the child would be unusual was_________. (Judges13:2-5, 24)
7. The child whose father died in battle and his mother in childbirth was__________. (1 Samuel 4:19-20)
8. The child whose father could not speak until this child was born was__________. (Luke 1:59-65)
9. This child was the first to have a city named after him__________. (Genesis 4:17)
10. The child who was given to Yahweh and worked with the priest Eli was__________. (1 Samuel 2:18)
11. The child at whose birth the angels sang was__________. (Luke 2: 12-13)
12. Two children who became kings when they were seven and eight years old were__________ and__________. (2 Kings 11:2-4, 12; 22:1)13.The child who was taken to the temple when he was twelve and astounded the teachers was__________. (Luke 2:42)
Simple Ways to De-stress!
1. Pray with all your might.
2. Curl up on the sofa and study the Word.
3. Get out and enjoy Yahweh’s creation.
4. Breathe deeply and accept that Yahweh is in charge.
Just for Fun!
You know you’re getting older when…
1. You and your teeth don’t sleep together.
2. You try to straighten out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren’t wearing any.
3. At the breakfast table you hear “snap, crackle, pop” and you’re not eating cereal.
4. Your back goes out, but you stay home.
5. You wake up looking like your driver’s license picture.
6. It takes two tries to get up from the couch.
7. Your idea of a night out is sitting on the patio.
8. Happy hour is a nap.
9. You’re on vacation and your energy runs out before your money does.
10. You say something to your kids that your mother said to you and you always hated it.
11. You step off a curb and look down one more time to make sure the street is still there.
12. Your idea of weight lifting is standing up.
13. It takes longer to rest than it did to get tired.
14. Your memory is shorter and your complaining longer.
15. Your address book has mostly names that start with Dr.
16. You sit in a rocking chair and can’t get it going.
17. The pharmacist has become your new best friend.
18. A good day is finding your car in the parking lot.
19. The twinkle in your eye is merely a reflection from the sun on your bifocals.
20. It takes twice as long to look half as good.
21. Everything hurts, and what doesn’t hurt—doesn’t work.
22. You look for your glasses for half an hour and they were on your head the whole time.
23. You sink your teeth into a steak and they stay there.
24. You give up all your bad habits and you still don’t feel good.
25. You have more patience, but it is actually that you just don’t care anymore.
26. You finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart.
27. You wonder how you could be over the hill when you don’t even remember being on top of it.
You Can Do This!
|Yahweh's Assembly in Yahshua|
|2963 County Road 233|
|Kingdom City, MO 65262||
1. The fastest way to clean a microwave is to place a mixture of 1 cup of water, and 2 T. lemon juice or baking soda in a bowl inside the microwave. Heat on high until the mixture boils. Let it boil for two minutes. The steam will soften grime so you can wipe it clean easily.
2. If you find it difficult to read your rain gauge, try putting a few drops of food coloring in the tube. Even if the colored water dries up, there is enough residue to help read the next rainfall.
3. If you’re going to do a messy job, protect your fingernails by scaping them on a bar of soap. This will prevent any yucky stuff from getting under them.
4. If your car door locks are frozen, heat your key with a match or lighter. Insert the warm key in the lock and leave in place for 30 seconds. Be sure to wear gloves so as not to burn your fingers with the key.
5. To easily remove labels that are stuck on glass jars, briskly rub mayonnaise on the label then soak jar in warm water. The label will peel right off.
6. Too windy outside to dry clothes? Not anymore! String a plastic coated chain link line between poles as you would a clothesline. Place clothes on hangers and hook each hanger in a link. The clothes will blow but not fall off!
7. Corduroy is back in fashion! Keep yours looking great by adding 1/2 cup vinegar to the rinse water. Will keep the fabric bright and lint-free.
8. Remove candle wax from table linens by rubbing the spots with vegetable oil. Wipe off excess with paper towel then wash normally.
9. If you run out of liquid fabric softener, you can substitute hair conditioner. Use about 1/4 cup per load.
|Main Line: 1-573-642-4100|
|Toll Free: 1-877-642-4101|
|Fax Line: 1-573-642-4104|
|Visit us on-line at:|
YAIY - Sisters for Yah